Tuesday, August 24, 2010

my little oven


I wanted to pay a little tribute to my little oven. I admit I was a little skeptical about how much this little oven could do. With my kitchen being so small I really am happy that my oven is little. It has been impressive how much it can do (which is helpful when I only have a two burner stove. I haven't had a microwave for the last 3 years in Cairo and I have come to realize how useful one is this past month. Here is what this little thing can do:
  • steam function (veggies)
  • convection (I have baked cookies and brownies)
  • microwave
  • defrost
  • grill (this feature is good for toast)
  • steam& microwave simultaneously
  • plus many other settings.
Hopefully the baking dishes in our shipment will fit inside :-) Another victory in the kitchen this week has been making our first Mexican meal. Not being able to find tortillas (that don't cost an arm and a leg) has limited the meals...but my sister told me that she makes them from scratch. They were DELICIOUS and made the fajitas amazing. Thanks Julie!

No comments:

Post a Comment