Thursday, August 19, 2010

Isaiah 43

Brad shared these verses out of Isaiah with his homeroom today as a reminder of how deeply God desires to have a relationship with us and that He will go to any length to be with us. It is a good reminder as we encounter difficulties that God is with us, He doesn't always promise to take away hardship but He does promise to always be with us.

1
But now, this is what the LORD says—
he who created you, O Jacob,
he who formed you, O Israel:
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.

2 When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.

3 For I am the LORD, your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;
I give Egypt for your ransom,
Cush and Seba in your stead.

4 Since you are precious and honored in my sight,
and because I love you,
I will give men in exchange for you,
and people in exchange for your life.

5 Do not be afraid, for I am with you;
I will bring your children from the east
and gather you from the west.

2 comments:

  1. I love that passage from Isaiah!! Thanks for sharing that on your blog. Praying for you guys and trusting that you are sensing the Lord's nearness in this time of transition.

    love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was JUST reading that passage and it really struck me. I love it!

    ReplyDelete