We have had a really fun Thanksgiving here in Hong Kong. We have been house-sitting/dog sitting for friends that went to Korea. It has been fun to have Rudy at their house and enjoy their beautiful view of the harbour.
Thursday we went to a great Thanksgiving day potluck with teachers from our school. For the fifth year running I have NOT had to make a turkey :-) Friday we went to Shenzhen to get pampered and buy Christmas decorations. After massages, pedicure, manicure, hair cut, a fake christmas tree and decorations we came back home relaxed and ready to play with Rudy. Saturday we dropped Rudy off at the Wongs' house to play with their family while we went on a hike with friends. The hike was beautiful (Brad will make a whole post for that hike) and we enjoyed sitting on the beach eating dinner. Also the highlight of the evening was the Wong family said "yes" to watching Rudy for the rest of the year (his current family has some major health issues and need to fly back to the US for surgery, so you all can be praying for the Pifers).
After reading my friend's blog I was inspired to write a list of what Brad and I are thankful for this year.
- Great friends in Cairo
- Last year's Thanksgiving in Jordan with the whole family
- Playing with our great nephews this summer
- Getting to hang out with Kalina and play with Isaiah (and that he is finally theirs FOREVER)
- Staying with Julie and Tyler in Oregon
- Family beach vacation at the Shallahamers' house
- The Gibbons and Solazzo Families for watching Rudy in OR
- The Pifer family for taking care of Rudy for the last 2 months here in HK
- The Wong family for taking care of Rudy for the rest of the school year
- Ruthanne moving to Hong Kong
- Our jobs at ICS
- Beautiful jungle hikes along the ocean
- New friends
- Thanksgiving potlucks in a new place
- Organized public transportation
- Skype converstations with family and friends across the world
- Julie, Tyler, Mom and Dad Condie coming for Christmas!!
We have so much to be thankful for in life!