Thursday, May 3, 2012

Shoes

Having a girl has been so fun! Finally Joy's feet are big enough to fit the shoes that my mom bought her (she has 3 more pairs but they are too big still). Brad laughed when I put shoes on her...since she can't walk yet. I have really enjoyed having a real live doll to dress up and with the spit up and diaper explosions I usually get a couple outfit changes! The next size up of clothes that we got from friends in Oregon (they gave us a whole suitcase of used baby girl clothes...AMAZING) has quite a few dresses, which has been fun to put Joy in.

This week both Brad and I have had colds, which has not been fun. Joy has been a really good baby and has slept between 5-7 hours every night and then goes back down in the morning after she eats. She has been wanting to nurse  A LOT, she must be growing so blogging, laundry, cooking have all been a bit hard to do. I don't think I will have a baby who I have to coax to eat (I guess I was like that as a baby and a kid).  I haven't really minded all the sitting on the couch to nurse, since I feel a little under the weather myself. Her evening fussy times are getting to be shorter and overall I feel very blessed with what a good baby we have. Going out in the evenings is still a bit tricky because she wants to nurse a lot in the evenings and screams if she can't be eating. We have had some very stressful car rides recently in the evenings where she is SCREAMING at the top of her lungs because she is hungry.

Ok got to go and stuff some cloth diapers while the babe is sleeping!

2 comments:

  1. Em,
    I love seeing Joy in outfits Meika used to wear. Meika is now walking. We should face time soon.

    Love,
    Irene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes,I agree,it's SO fun to dress up a little girl.I'm still enjoying doing it.

    She is so cute,makes want to kiss her!


    Christine VT

    ReplyDelete