Thursday, May 3, 2012

Handle the Heat

I love to cook, watch cooking shows and read cooking blogs. When Joy first came home, cooking was out of the realm of possibility. For three weeks our friends and my mom made us meals. Then when that was over, Brad and I ate out a lot and make simple dinners. Now that I have figured out a little better how to do things around the house and have a 2 month old baby, cooking is fun again.  I have really enjoyed being a little more creative in my cooking and baking. It has been fun to look at new recipes (an easy task while nursing the babe) and then email my shopping list to my personal grocery shopper...my great husband.

I have really enjoyed the cooking blog "Handle the Heat" . The author does a great job at outlining the steps in an easy to follow manner. If she says they are easy, she is not lying and for many of the recipes the ingredients are usually (and easily) available here in Hong Kong.

Here are some new favorites that we have tried  (note: as a good teacher I must sight my sources....all pictures from Handle the Heat. However,  I must say my recipes have looked really similar, which I am very proud of).



Tonight on the menu we have Soy Ginger Salmon (a new recipe to try) and barley pilaf.


Tomorrow we have having some friends over for dinner I am going to try and make these cookies &cream cookies for dessert. I will let you know if mine look the same :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment