Saturday, January 14, 2012

Baby and belly update

Only a little over two months and baby Christensen will be here! We are busy getting the house ready for her to come. Here are some pictures and 7 highlights of this past month/being 7 months pregnant.

1) Belly shot from before Christmas break (6 months)



2) Belly getting BIG: I am getting much more pregnant looking and little kids keep asking why "my belly is so big" (7 months)


3) At 2am the baby had her first hiccups, which felt amazing. I almost woke Brad up...but then realized that he doesn't really enjoy being woken up in the middle of the night :-)

4) Dee (Brad's grandpa's wife) gave us money to buy a dresser for the baby. Her little clothes are folded inside and all her all stuff. It is amazing how such a little person has so much stuff already. The top of the dresser will become a changing table (we will get it ready in February, when Brad's parents leave...
5) Here are a few fun items that baby Christensen has received as gifts or bought by us (I just had to pick a few things because there is a lot in those drawers). My friend Irene bought baby C her first pair of red sparkle shoes. My friend Kalina bought baby C her first baby doll. We finally decided (and bought) cloth diapers. Many people are doubting our ability to keep up with the wash/hassle of them....BUT they are already bought and we think we can do it. Also, I bought baby C's baby book, now I need to start filling it in :-)


6) My last doctor's appointment went really well. I have gained 24 lbs, great blood pressure, had my first of three RH negative injection (didn't really hurt). We got to watch her move around on the ultrasound. The ultrasound picture quality isn't great because the doctor gave us a picture instead of giving us a digital image like usual. We think their might be a bubble by her nose on the second picture because it looks a little strange.


She weights about 3lbs and is about the size of a little pumpkin. So here is a picture of Brad, Rudy and our little pumpkin. When the baby is born Rudy will be happy as long as he still gets a small part of Brad's lap :)

7) Brad's sister Stacy bought Rudy a few new toys for Christmas and he loves them. We will wait and bring out the other one once the baby comes :-) In the background you can see me enjoying my 200 page cook book that Brad bought me for Christmas.

3 comments:

  1. YOU will have no trouble with the diapers! I don't know why people think they are such trouble. Cloth diapers are AMAZING! I have that same little baby book for our adoptive daughter someday! :o) I bought it years ago when I thought we were getting a girl here in HK :o) Great update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed the update, Emily--you look great! And, I'm amazed at how detailed the ultrasound pictures are now--at least compared to the ones of are kids 15+ years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily, you look great! Can't wait to see the pictures when she arrives :) And good for you for going with cloth diapers! xo
    Sarah Youssef

    ReplyDelete