Saturday, November 26, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving


We have made some great friends while here in Hong Kong and this Thanksgiving we have been blessed with THREE Thanksgiving dinners this weekend (plus a Canadian Thanksgiving back in October). If I wasn't putting on the pounds rapidly this weekend sure has helped :-) I am really bad about remembering to bring our camera to take pictures of our everyday life here in Hong Kong, but thankfully I was able to "steal" some pictures off some ICS colleagues who are good about taking pictures.


I am very thankful for so many things in life and as I watch the news and hear stories from friends and family my list of thankfulness grows. Maybe it is being pregnant and the nearing Christmas season but I have been thinking a lot about Mary and Christmas from her perspective. I keep thinking about the beginning of her prayer...."My soul magnifies God because He has done great things for me...."

God's love in sending Jesus * my loving& caring husband who takes care of so many things * our health * our healthy baby * our car* our jobs* that Rudy gets to live with us* Brad always taking out the dog * laughing with Brad* Brad taking care of our finances * friends in HK and around the world who speak words of life to us * always having more food than we need * "fall" weather * stability of the government in HK * great medical care in HK * ability to travel * trip to the US for Christmas * my mom coming out for the birth of the baby *12 weeks of paid maternity leave* skype & internet so we can stay in touch with our family that is so far away * our roof top garden * our comfortable/cozy home * drinking hot cocoa without the AC on * Christmas music * Christmas traditions * God's provision of our needs

No comments:

Post a Comment