Friday, October 7, 2011

16 weeks pregnant

Cooler weather has come to Hong Kong and we are loving it! It has been especially nice to sit up on our roof garden. Rudy loves to play fetch (although it is more like him and Brad playing soccer) and run around in the open space. We feel very blessed with our new flat! I thought you would all like to see some pictures of all the plants that Brad has bought, although he feels like he still would like to buy more to create more of a "jungle" feel.

Rudy ready to pounce on the ball

Rudy waiting patiently (focused on the ball in Brad's hand)

Here are some 16 week belly pictures. I'm feeling very good and have an appetite finally! It has been fun to actually start showing and hopefully I can feel this baby move very soon. I have started telling my students I'm pregnant and I have had some funny responses. One girl wanted to know if I had started buying socks for the baby. I guess that is an important part of preparing for a baby here in Hong Kong :-) We can't wait for our Dr. appointment in November when we find out if we are having a girl or a boy and get to see our little jelly bean on the ultrasound again.



8 comments:

  1. You are looking great Emily! I'm glad to hear the morning sickness has subsided.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update, we love seeeing Brad & Rudy & the plants but most of all to see your beautiful tiny little bump growing! Blessings from Cairo...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the picture- Yes i agree with Brad- you need more plants- I love the ones you have but it would look awesome as a jungle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so happy Emily. You have that glow about you that says "mid-trimester is The Best". Was fun to see your pix of Brad and Rudy, too. Saw photos of your mom and dad apple-ing with Ty and Juls while Marcia and I were up in Maine with Brynn, Jed welcoming baby boy Micah Robin Wartman. He's a keeper! Blessings to you all.
    Rand and Marcia.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh yeah we just had guacamole yesterday. So we know exactly how big little Brad Jr. is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are looking like a happy camper honey!! So glad you are feeling good. Thanks for the pictures..helps to know you really are pregnant! Brad ...your plants looks amazing..good job ! Can't wait to come and sit on your roof and enjoy your little roof top garden.
    'This is Mom by the way....I am not sure why my comment comes on Julie's . I guess she used my computer when we were with them last week?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations you two! (I mean three!)
    Your post made me think of this book that I loved when I was small: The Avocado Baby :)

    http://www.amazon.com/Avocado-Baby-Red-Picture-Books/dp/0099200619

    ReplyDelete