Wednesday, September 14, 2011

We're having a baby!



We just announced it to our colleagues last week (showing the above I love Lucy clip) and thought it was about time to announce this happy news to our blog fans. We are going to be parents! Emily is having a spring break baby!

We found out the week before school started and almost immediately I (Emily) started feeling very sick. Brad has been a super husband. He basically set up our whole house, picked out curtains, hung pictures, bought tons of plants, cooked dinners, went grocery shopping as I lay on the couch making frequent trips to the bathroom. As I enter the second trimester, I am having more non-nauseous days and I am praying this morning/all day sickness (and vomiting) stops sooner than later. Hopefully I will have a good bump picture soon, as of right now it is very small and not very picture worthy yet.

We went in last week for our first official doctor visit and got to see our active little jellybean up close. The doctor said that the baby is growing normally and looked really good. We got to see the baby's fingers, toes, elbows, knees, hear the heart beat. We really are fearfully and wonderfully made.

Baby's profile (umbilical cord in the background)

Baby's head, arm and fingers

Baby's belly, leg and toes (my favorite picture)


6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!!! Congrats, Emily and Brad!

    I hope you feel better very soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited to be an AUNTIE!!! I can't wait to meet the new addition to the family

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are so creative!! Thanks for making us Grandparents we are so excited!! WE love the " I love Lucy" clip...so fun :-) What shall we call ourselves...Taata and Gidu?? What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAAAAAAAAAAAAY! Congrats you guys! What fun!! Keep us all in the loop as your bun grows in the oven. xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! WOW! I am so excited for you guys. It is such an incredible journey. Blessings to all three of you! We will continue to keep you in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete