Monday, April 8, 2013

21 weeks

I know everyone is wanting pictures and an update from our fabulous trip to Sri Lanka....however this baby post is a little easier to do. We have SO many pictures to weed through for Sri Lanka that I am a bit overwhelmed to do the post!
We just went to the doctor for my 21 week scan. I love that I get to see the baby every time that I go in. This pregnancy has been going very quickly.

Gender of the babyHe (yes it is confirmed that we are having a little boy join our family) is growing great. We are excited to have this little one join our family. So far he has been way LESS active in the womb...maybe that is a sign that we will have a mellow second child. We would love that because our first child is keeping us very busy.


Weight gain: 6 pounds since my 13 week visit. My bump makes for a good seat for Joy!

Funny memory from this trimester: I always get the giggles when the nurse asks if I brought my own sample of "pee pee"..."Umm no I would rather not carry a bottle of my own urine around in my purse" is what I want to tell her. So as a punishment (or so I assume) they give me the tiniest cap of a bottle that I have to collect a sample in. Right now I can still see over my belly....next time could be VERY FUNNY.

The good: I have been continuing to feel really good...and Joy is finally weaned so I am enjoying having my body "to myself"...well kind of :-)

The bad: A bit of back pain when I sleep but overall I have been sleeping so much better. Heart burn if I eat sweet stuff...a good reminder to keep sugar away! Oh and my poor belly button is sticking out already! Now Joy and I have bellies that look much the same, very round bellies with sticking out belly buttons :-)

The ugly: I had the stomach flu right before spring break....that was pretty terrible. Thankfully it only lasted about 12 hours and Brad stayed home to take care of Joy so I could recover.

How Joy is adjusting to having a sibling: She LOVES babies these days which is great because after Christmas break she really disliked babies. She has even learned how to say "baby"


 His face was pretty squished so we couldn't get great shots of his face but the doctor did get some great videos. We really are fearfully and wonderfully made!

In this video you can see the baby's heart beating and see him swallowing or "drinking" as the doctor put it.

The next video is of the baby kicking and doing what looks like somersaults.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely amazing! What a blessing to see your baby on the sonogram. I think he's got Joy's nose. So happy you're having a BOY for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was wonderful to see the video of him moving around and to see his little heart beating!! Simply amazing! Thanks for the picture too of your growing bump... :-) Glad you are feeling so well.

    ReplyDelete