Sunday, February 10, 2013

13 weeks with baby #2

Joy is going to be a big sister in August and we are very excited to be parents again. 

 When we found out: I took a pregnancy test over Christmas break, on Christmas eve morning. I had a suspicion I was pregnant but was avoiding finding out because I was (/still am) a little nervous with the idea of having two babies under 18 months.

 (don't worry the part that had urine on it was covered)


What is different this time: This pregnancy has been very different. I have barely been sick but have been more tired. I have had a lot of insomnia this time and lay awake for hours at night...very annoying! I am very excited about the fact that I have had little nausea and only one day of vomiting. What an amazing difference. I have to eat every few hours so I don't feel too sick but I'll take that over being so sick any day!

Summer time baby: We don't know if this baby will come five weeks early like Joy or not, so we can't go to the US this summer. We were sad about not being able to see our family and friends but we are going to make the best of it. We will buy a kiddie pool for the roof so Joy can escape the heat. Brad already planted a vegetable garden on the roof and new plants in anticipation of being here. Brad and Joy will hang out during the day and I will teach summer school for a month in July.
(Joy in her Chinese New Year outfit and mommy 13 weeks pregnant

Weight: 99.6 lbs (five pounds heavier than with Joy at this time...not vomiting 6 times a day for 16 weeks will do that to you!).  I am showing more this time than last time and I feel like growing a baby and nursing another one makes me always hungry.

Size of baby peanut: About the size of a medium shrimp.The baby was moving around so much that the doctor had a hard time getting not fuzzy pictures. Thankfully the baby is healthy and growing just like the baby should! The 3D pictures are a little too freaky to put on the blog (once the baby has a better defined face I'll put them up).



Doctor's predicted gender: The doctor gave us a 90% chance it will be BOY...yay! Having grown up with all sisters, I'm not sure what to do with boys but all my friends love having a boy. Brad is exciting because boy toys are much more fun than girl toys.

How Joy is getting ready to be a big sister:

*Joy is learning to ride in the stroller because carrying her in the ergo with my protruding belly is getting a little more tricky.
* I have started the weening process with Joy (I need a little nursing break before the next one comes). I dropped the 10am feeding and she hasn't really noticed it. She has been drinking a little bit of cow milk...sometimes she likes it sometimes she spits it out.
*We have also started (as of last night) nighttime sleep training.  We waited too long for this but better late than never. Last night was very hard and Joy cried for 2 hours.....but we are hoping that we have more perseverance than our determined little child.

1 comment:

  1. Exciting news - congratulations! Glad to hear you're feeling well, well, despite the insomnia...understandable about the hunger! At least your body is using its fuel for growing/feeding babies - mine is tending to linger in unwanted flab, haha!!

    ReplyDelete