Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Around Tai Po

I don't have an iPhone (...yet) or a camera phone so taking pictures while I am out and about with Joy is a little hard. However, I thought my readers would enjoy seeing what some of our daily adventures are...Thank you to Google Images for some wonderful pictures.

This week so far Joy and I have enjoyed the cooler weather and ran some errands around Tai Po (the area where we live). 

A stop at the grocery store (Park n Shop, which I find funny since most people walk to the store, it should be called Walk N Shop) 


You can see our food comes from all over the world here in Hong Kong 

Bought a birthday present for our friend Isaiah and new pair of winter slippers (I'm thinking ahead, since we are still in shorts here) for Joy in the wet market (for some reason the pictures on Google were just of the gross meat section, which I ALWAYS avoid)

Took the 64K bus to the post office. As long as Joy can eat Cheerios or be entertained by the fellow bus riders she is happy to be on the bus. I let her chew on a spoon (while she was in the Ergo so I was watching her VERY carefully) and I got in big trouble. I told Grandpa that I am sure she would be fine, but he only spoke Cantonese and I only spoke English.....

Mailed Isaiah's birthday present, lets hope it gets there BEFORE his birthday which is over a month away.
 Took a walk  after the post office and discovered a cool old temple and a street market. Most of the items being sold were not items I usually buy but we did pick up some carrots and pumpkin. Frogs being sold as food...always catches me off guard
 

Took the MTR to Mom's group. This is the beautiful artwork at our MTR station (below picture actually from a friend's blog: http://nestinginskyscrapers.blogspot.hk/). We had a clothing exchange and Joy scored a few shirts for later and a pair of tights for this coming winter. I even scored a dress (which I can't nurse in, but hey I won't be doing that for ever).



 And today (which of course I forgot to take a picture of, even though I had my camera handy) we had a brunch play date at our house. Joy had fun playing with her friends and I of course love hanging out with other moms. Playing with friends must have tuckered her out because she has been sleeping for two hours!  However, no blog post is complete without little Joy so here is a picture :-)

1 comment: