Sunday, February 5, 2012

34 weeks pregnant


Picture of me and baby at 33 weeks in Thailand

We just went to the doctor for my 34 week appointment. Brad's parents were able to come with us and see our little baby on the ultrasound. The doctor had a very hard time getting a good picture of the face because she is so squished inside. We were able to see her sucking on her lip, putting her hands in her hair and making a fist. It was so very fun to see her look like a perfectly formed little baby, although the pictures this month were not very clear!


Profile of baby's face, her foot is up by her face

Some highlights/statistics from the appointment and this month

*First time to have swollen ankles for an extended time, which was NOT fun (see previous Thailand post for the horrific pictures)

*I have had to go the bathroom every 30-40 minutes and am so very thirsty, which makes for a fitful night sleep.

*Have had a lot of Braxton hicks contractions at night, which feel very weird. The baby also gets hiccups about twice a day, which are fun.

* My blood pressure is great and I now weigh 127 lbs (no stretch marks....yet). It is hard to believe that my belly will be able to stretch more than it has already!

* The baby is average size, on the Asian growth chart, which means she will be a little smaller by US standards, which is alright by me. The doctor confirmed again that we are still having a girl. He is 100% sure and so am I, the ultrasound was very clear :-)

* The baby is still head up and the doctor is giving the baby 3 weeks to turn. If she doesn't turn then we will either have to schedule a C section or do this procedure where the doctor manually and externally tries to turn the baby. We are praying that she flips around on her own!

* Now that Brad's parents are gone I feel like all the baby projects can begin and I feel like we have a lot to do. Time to set up the crib, bouncy seat, get clothes washed...the list goes on. My my parents-in-law bought us a dryer that comes TODAY! YAY. I will post a picture as soon as it gets here :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment