Monday, May 9, 2011

Book Character day




The elementary school recently had book character day, inspired by the recent Grade 2 pioneers unit I decided to go with Laura Ingles Wilder. The drama department had the full skirt (which was very twirly) and the bonnet. Other favorites were Fiona from Shrek(how Renee managed all day with that green paint is amazing), banana in pj, Pippy Long-stocking, Paper Bag Princess (who I think should have been the winner of the day, see picture below) and Noah.

To my sadness none of the children that I talked to that day knew who Laura was or had read Little House on the Prairie....it made me feel sad, like part of their childhood is missing. Next year will start off with ALL my ESL kids reading Little House on the Prairie :)

1 comment:

  1. Dont you look cute , Emily!! I wondered by you made that comment on no one reading Little House on the Prairie on FB.

    ReplyDelete