Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A normal week for the Christensens



While most of our blog posts are about our adventures in our travels we do lead "normal" lives here in HK. We go to the grocery store (although I to avoid that as much as possible here), cook, go to work (I am back to work after a 2.5 week sick leave), watch TV (Brad's favorite show is "Banged up Abroad"), go visit Rudy and enjoy our weekends. Brad has been busy planning our 4 week summer "Trans- Siberian Railroad trip". I really enjoy being married to such a good travel agent!


Last weekend we went across the boarder to China for some cheap shopping with friends. I a pedicure and both of us got a new pair of glasses. It is crazy how cheap they were (and mine's actually were lenses and frames). I'm still getting used to the glasses (change can be hard for me :-) but Brad loves them so that is what matters. My consolation is they were cheap so getting another pair in a year won't break the bank.

We still love to "garden" even though we live in yet another concrete covered city. Brad bought a cherry tomato plant while I was in the hospital and we have enjoyed 5 delicious tomatoes. I also just sprouted and planted a new little plant. Can you guess what it is?

1 comment:

  1. I'm just catching up on your blog and noticed that while in Australia you discovered Tim Tams :) They sell them in Canada too, and the best way to eat them (as taught to me by Jenna, the American) is called the "Tim Tam slam". Check out detailed instructions here: http://www.wikihow.com/Do-the-Tim-Tam-Slam

    Glad you're feeling better Emily! Thanks for keeping us updated on your lives!

    ReplyDelete