Saturday, July 31, 2010

Name that Fruit!





We (especially Brad) are enjoying all the varieties of tropical fruit here in Hong Kong. Over the last few days, we've taken a few pictures of a couple varieties of fruit that were unavailable in Cairo (there are loads more exotic fruits here, but we've only taken these pictures so far - perhaps I'll have to start a whole food blog to explore this topic more thoroughly). One - the red one with white speckled inside - is a favorite of both of us. The orange one, however, (which you should all be able to identify) is favored only by me (Brad). Emily insists that it smells like "vomit" and refuses to sit at the same table as me when I eat it (which I do once a day). So, as you may have gathered from the name of this post, I'm going to ask you to post a comment giving the name of BOTH varieties of fruit. Can't wait to hear your responses!

5 comments:

  1. Papaya of course...and is the red one a dragon fruit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The orange one is papaya and the red one is dragon fruit!! I didn't know papayas smell like vomit....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you smiling :-) It sure seems like an organized little city !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job! Yes papaya (which I do think smells like vomit) and dragon fruit which is AMAZING. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is what papaya looks like in South Africa, although we call it pawpaw, and eat with sugar and orange juice where the seeds are. Delicious!!

    ReplyDelete